Born 1941. After studying graphic design in Geneva, typography, photography and gestalt psychology in London, Bruno began his career at Studio Boggeri, Milan (1961). Moved to Montreal (1965) to design nine pavilions for Expo 67. Back in Milan (1968), he reconnected with Antonio Boggeri and collaborated on an independent basis till the closing of the studio in the early 1980s. In the early 1970s, with Anna, Boggeri’s daughter, he settled in the secluded town of Meride and began his long teaching career, first in Lugano and later around the world. In Milan he began his association with Roberto Sambonet and Giancarlo Ortelli on exhibition design projects.
In 1981 Bruno was the curator and designer of the Studio Boggeri retrospective at the Milan Triennale. In 1983, in association with Visuel Design Jean Widmer, he won the competition for the signage system and identity for the Musée d’Orsay, Paris.
From 1986 til 1991 he was art consultant for Abitare magazine and from 1987 til 2004 he was the sole designer for Museo Cantonale d’Arte, Lugano. From 2001 til 2009 he was art consultant for the Cultural Office of the City of Chiasso and from 2009 til 2015 for the Teatro San Materno.